Martha Ann Allen age 84 of Santa Anna, Texas passed from this life to the arms of her Jesus on Monday, February 22, 2021 at 6:44 am at Holiday Hill Nursing Home in Coleman, Texas.
Services will be Friday, February 26, 2021 at 11:00 am at First Baptist Church with Todd King, Rev. David McLean and Cigi Hardin officiating. Private interment will follow at the Santa Anna Cemetery with services under the direction of Henderson Funeral Home of Santa Anna.
The family will receive friends for visitation on Thursday from 6:00 till 7:30 pm at Henderson Funeral Home.
Ann, as she liked to go by, was born June 17, 1936 at the Sealy Hospital in Santa Anna, Texas, the youngest child of John Howell and Teenie Lee Tatum. She was a member of the First Baptist Church of Santa Anna and High Mesa Cowboy Church of Brownwood. Ann attended school in Shields, Texas until it consolidated with Santa Anna then graduating from Santa Anna High School, class of 1954. On July 16, 1954 Ann married her high school sweetheart, James Richard Allen, in Santa Anna and they celebrated 66 years of marriage. Two daughters and two sons were born to this union.
Ann carried the US mail for 25 plus years. She loved being in the outdoors, doing whatever was needed whether it was hoeing weeds, feeding horses, working cattle, frying potatoes, late night driver, or #1 chute gate opener. Ann loved her Jesus, the Rodeos and Roping’s, basketball and the Dallas Cowboys. She was a devoted daughter, wonderful wife, loving mom, awesome Nanaw, and a Friend to all. Ann was loved and cherished by all that knew her and will be forever missed.
- Husband – James Allen of Santa Anna, Texas
- 2 Daughters – Tony Watson of Santa Anna, Texas
- Becky & husband Bud Dillard of Cross Plains, Texas
- 2 Sons – Guy and wife Lizzy Allen of Santa Anna, Texas
- Gip and wife Charla Allen of Pawhuska, Oklahoma
- 9 Grandchildren – Scott Watson, Cigi Hardin, Bree McGuire, Raelee Morgan, River Dillard, Sadie Blanton, Sage Allen, Blake Allen & Shyla Allen
- 12 Great Grandchildren
- Sister-in-law – Azalee Tatum of Plano, Texas
- Numerous Nieces and Nephews
Family requests memorials be made to the SAHS Ex Student Scholarship Fund