Lucy Diaz of Coleman,Texas passed to be with her Lord on Tuesday, May 12, 2020 at 11:21 pm at her residence in Coleman at the age of 86 years. Lucy was a loving wife, mother and grandmother, sister and a strong Christian who will be deeply missed by all who knew her.
Funeral Mass will be Saturday, May 16 at 11:00 am at Sacred Heart Catholic Church with Father Laurent Mvondo as officiant. Interment will follow at the Coleman City Cemetery with services under the direction of Henderson Funeral Home of Coleman. (Services will be streamed live on Henderson Funeral Home's Facebook page for those unable to attend.)
The family will receive friends for visitation Friday evening, May 15 at 6:00 pm at Henderson Funeral Home followed by Holy Rosary led by Edward Diaz at 7:00 pm at Henderson Funeral Chapel.
She was born Luciana Vasquez on January 7, 1934 in Coleman County, Texas to Venino and Elena Ruiz Vasquez and was a lifetime resident of Coleman County attending Santa Anna Schools.
On March 8, 1952 Lucy married the love of her life Balentine G. Diaz in Coleman, Texas and they celebrated 67 years of marriage. Balentine preceded her in death in 2019.
As a devoted and active member of Sacred Heart Catholic Church she was e member of the Guadalupe Society Crusillista and Thursday Night Prayer Group. She was homemaker and wonderful cook taking care of her home and family.
- 5 Daughters - Silvia Wells & friend Mark Phelps of Coleman, Texas
- Juanita & husband Tom Gunter of Grand Junction, Colorado
- Veronica & husband Morrie Larson fo Cedar Park, Texas
- Lisa Hollinger & Ray Mulero of Mansfield, Texas
- Margie & husband Doug Salas of Coleman, Texas
- 4 Sons – Daniel, Sr. and wife Jackie Diaz of Tuttle, Oklahoma
- David & wife Paula Diaz of Coleman, Texas
- Edward & wife Tammy Diaz of Lubbock, Texas
- Daniel, Jr. & wife Lindsey Diaz of Abilene, Texas
- Brother – Jr. & wife Mary Vasquez of Santa Anna, Texas
- 22 Grandchildren
- 31 Great Grandchildren
- Nieces & Nephews
Lucy was preceded in death by her parents, husband, Infant daughter – Mary Francis Diaz, Son – Valentine Diaz, Daughter – Elizabeth Diaz Hurtado, 2 Grandsons – Tony Diaz & Jeramey Diaz.