Catarina Ortiz Guerrero, age 92 of Coleman, Texas passed Easter Sunday. April 4, 2021 at 8:15am at her residence surrounded by her loving family.
Funeral mass will be Wednesday, April 7 at 11:00 am with Father Mvondo Laurent officiating. Interment will follow at the Coleman City Cemetery with services under the care of Henderson Funeral Home of Coleman.
The family will receive friends for visitation on Tuesday, April 6 from 5:00 till 6:00 pm at Henderson Funeral Home with Rosary recited at 6:00 pm led by Terry Dulin at Henderson Funeral Chapel.
Catarina was born on November 25, 1928 in San Antonio, Texas to Jose and Antonia Ortiz. She was raised in Jourdanton, Texas and moved to Coleman County in 1949. In 1944 Catarina married Primitivo Naranjo Guerrero in Charlotte, Texas and they celebrated 29 years of marriage. Primitivo preceded her in death in 1973. Catarina was a member of Sacred Heart Catholic Church and the Guadalupana Society. She was a loving mother caring for her home and family.
- 9 Daughters – Mary Vasquez of Santa Anna, Texas
- Senada Orosco of Ballinger, Texas
- Angelita Garza of Bangs, Texas
- Becky Carrillo of Dallas, Texas
- Virginia Galvan of Bangs, Texas
- Yrma Flores of Coleman, Texas
- Rosie Vera of Sweetwater, Texas
- Juanita Castillo of Coleman, Texas
- Elvira Guerrero of Coleman, Texas
- 2 Sons – Ynasio Guerrero of Coleman, Texas
- Johnny Guerrero of Coleman, Texas
- 5 Sisters – Maria Rodriquez, Vicenta Gallegos
- Thomasa Olivirri, Lupe Olivirri and Sofia Casanova
- 2 Brothers – Marcos Ortiz and Antonio Ortiz
- Many Nieces and Nephews
- Numerous Grandchildren, Great Grandchildren and Great Great Grandchildren
Catarina was preceded in death by 5 Sons – Primitivo Guerrero, Nieves Guerrero, Marcus Guerrero, Roger Guerrero and Ralph Guerrero and by 5 sisters and brothers.
Pallbearers - Johnny Guerrero, Jr., Joe Guerrero, Nathaniel Guerrero, Sandy Guerrero, Chris Guerrero, Roman Zaniga, Raymond Garza, Miguel Hernandez.