Amanda Straach of Coleman, Texas passed from this life at the age of 48 years on Sunday, May 5, 2019 at 10:20 pm at the Coleman County Medical Center.
Services will be Thursday, May 9, 2019 at 10:30 am at the Coleman City Cemetery Pavilion with Rev. Jeff Dean officiating. Interment will follow with Henderson Funeral Home of Coleman in charge of arrangements. The family will receive friends for visitation Wednesday, May 8, 2019 from 6:00 till 7:00 pm at Henderson Funeral Home, Coleman.
She was born Amanda Jane McWhirter on October 29, 1970 in Arlington, Texas to Ronald Edwin and Loretta Jane Thomas McWhirter. Her family moved to Coleman County when she was a young child and Amanda attended the Panther Creek Schools graduating in 1989. She continued her education at the Brownwood Commercial College graduating in 1991. On December 1, 1990 Amanda married Eric Karl Straach in Coleman and they have celebrated 28 years of marriage.
Amanda was a lifetime resident of Coleman where she was a member of North Coleman Baptist Church. She loved horses and all animals, enjoyed helping friends and family, leather making and handbags and foster parenting. Amanda was a housewife lovingly caring of her home and family.
- Husband – Eric Straach of Coleman, TX
- Daughter – Katie Straach of Brownwood, TX
- Son – Ethan Straach of Coleman, TX
- 3 Sisters – Vivian McWhirter of Carlsbad, NM
- Donna Smolinsky of McGregor, TX
- Edna McWhirter of Coleman, TX
- 2 Brothers – Ronald McWhirter of Roswell, NM
- Sherman McWhirter of Coleman, TX
- Sister-in-law – Cindy & husband James Owens of Ozona, TX
- Brother-in-law – Gary Mills of Abilene, TX
- Special Aunt – Edna Thomas of Snyder, TX
- Numerous Nieces and Nephews