The City of Coleman City Council will meet on Thursday, October 14, at 5:15 pm in City Hall Council Chambers, 200 West Liveoak. The agenda is below.
1. Call to Order, Invocation, and Pledge of Allegiance to the Flags of the United States of America and the State of Texas.
2. Introductions, Announcements, and Recognitions
3. Items to be withdrawn
4. Citizen Presentations: Any citizen who desires to address the City Council on a matter not included on the agenda may do so at this time. The City Council may not deliberate on items presented under this agenda item. Presentations are subject to five (5) minutes for items not on the agenda. If you wish to speak to an item on the agenda, you will be allowed to speak when the council addresses the item. There is a (3) minute time limit for items on the agenda. The presiding officer (with the consent of a majority of the City Council) may grant additional time. To comply with the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, the Council respectfully requests that prior to addressing Council, that each person submit a Speaker Request Form stating your name, address, and topic of presentation. The form is located at the entryway to Council Chambers.
5. Consider and act upon the approval of minutes for the City of Coleman Council Meeting held on September 16, 2021.
6. Hear requests from the City Council for future agenda items.
7. Discuss, consider, and act upon authorizing the Mayor to execute a contract for Ambulance and Emergency Medical Services with Lifeguard Ambulance Service of Texas on behalf of the City of Coleman, in conjunction with Coleman County and the Coleman County Medical Center.
8. The City Council shall conduct a public hearing on a request for the closure and abandonment of the undeveloped section of platted roadway in the 600 block of East Mesquite Street.
9. Discuss, consider, and act upon the request for the closure and abandonment of the undeveloped section of platted roadway in the 600 block of East Mesquite Street.
10. Discuss, consider, and act upon the appointment and/or re-appointment of members to the Planning and Zoning Commission.
11. Discuss, consider, and act upon adopting a Paid Quarantine Leave Policy for the City of Coleman.
12. Discuss, consider, and act upon approval of a contract for Assessment and Collection Services with the Coleman County Tax Appraisal District for January 1, 2022, through December 31, 2023.
13. Discuss, consider, and act upon casting of 300 votes in the election of the Board of Directors to the Coleman County Tax Appraisal District for the two-year term beginning January 1, 2022.
14. Discuss, consider, and act upon approving a resolution authorizing the City Manager execute documents requesting financial assistance from the State Infrastructure Bank for payment of project match funds related to the Hwy 206 Utility Relocation project.
15. Discuss, consider, and act upon approving a Resolution allowing the City of Coleman to enter into an agreement with Texas Department of Transportation for the temporary closure of portions of State Highway 153 and State Highway 206 for the 2021 Christmas Parade.
16. The City Council may enter Executive Session to discuss the following pursuant to: Government Code §551.074 (Personnel Matters) to discuss updates on the search for a Chief of Police.
17. Upon return from Executive Session, the Council may take whatever action it deems necessary related to the search for a Chief of Police.