The City Council of the City of Coleman, Texas will meet in in regular session on Thursday, April 18, 2019 at 5:15 p.m. in the Council Chambers of City Hall, 200 West Liveoak, Coleman, Texas. All items on the agenda are for possible discussion and action. A PDF has been attached for your printing convenience.
1. Call to Order, Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance
2. Introductions, Announcements, and Recognitions
3. Items to be withdrawn
4. Citizen Presentations
- Any citizen who desires to address the City Council on a matter not included on the agenda may do so at this time. The City Council may not deliberate on items presented under this agenda item. Presentations are subject to five (5) minutes for items not on the agenda. If you wish to speak to an item on the agenda, you will be allowed to speak when the council addresses the item. There is a (3) minute time limit for items on the agenda. The presiding officer (with the consent of a majority of the City Council) may grant additional time. To comply with the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, the Council respectfully requests that prior to addressing Council, that each person submit a Speaker Request Form stating your name, address, and topic of presentation. The form is located at the entryway to Council Chambers.
5. Approval of Minutes
- Regular City Council Meeting - March 21, 2019
6. Consent Agenda
- A. Consider approving the second reading of a Resolution for the Type A - Coleman Economic Development Council (CEDC) for the expenditure of funds not to exceed $30,000.00 to be used by Central Texas Opportunities to make improvements to their office located at 114 Needham.
- B. Consider approving the second reading of a Resolution for the Type B - Coleman Community Coalition (CCC) for the expenditure of funds not to exceed $30,000.00 to be used by Central Texas Opportunities to make improvements to their office located at 114 Needham.
7. Ordinances, and Resolutions
- A. The City Council may discuss and approve a resolution approving a Certificate of Amendment to the Articles of Incorporation of the Type-A Coleman EDC, Inc. to make the Articles of Incorporation consistent with the revised Bylaws.
- B. The City Council may discuss and approve a resolution approving a Certificate of Amendment to the Articles of Incorporation of the Type-B Coleman Community Coalition to make the Articles of Incorporation consistent with the revised Bylaws.
8. Executive Session
- A. The City Council may enter Executive Session to discuss personnel and legal matters related to
- 1) Administrative Policies of the City of Coleman: K-9 Compensation Policy pursuant to Section 551.074 of the Government Code (Personnel Matters) and Section 551.071 of the Government Code (Consultation with Attorney).
- 2) Provide an update to the City Council regarding the position of Director of Finance pursuant to Section 551.074 of the Government Code (Personnel Matters).
9. Requests and Presentations
- A. Receive update from City Manager on the request for additional funding from USDA or others to cover total construction costs; and discuss, consider and possibly act upon any and all matters related to the construction bids for the City of Coleman proposed water treatment plant.
- B. Discuss, consider, and act upon a K-9 Compensation Policy for the City of Coleman Police Department.
- C. Consider and act upon confirmation of the appointment of a Director of Finance for the City of Coleman.
- D. Consider and act upon setting meeting date(s) and time(s) for the City Council meetings for the month May.