The City Council of the City of Coleman, Texas will meet in session on Thursday, May 6, 2021 at 5:15 p.m. in the Council Chambers of City Hall, 200 West Liveoak, Coleman, Texas. All items on the agenda are for possible discussion and action. Council may vote and/or act upon each of the items listed on this Agenda. One agenda item will be discussed at a time, in the order determined by the Mayor, unless logic and practical considerations allow similar topics to be considered together for purposes of convenience and efficiency. Consent items are considered to be non-controversial and will be voted on in one motion unless a council member asks for separate discussion. The City Council of the City of Coleman, Texas, reserves the right to meet in closed, executive session on any of the items listed below should the need arise and if authorized by Title 5, Chapter 551, of the Texas Government Code. You may watch the meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone at: http://cityofcolemantx.us/meetings/ or https://facebook.com/CityofColemanTX/.
1. Call to Order, Invocation, and Pledge of Allegiance to the Flags of the United States of America and the State of Texas.
2. Introductions, Announcements, and Recognitions
- Presentation of Proclamation from the Office of Mayor proclaiming May 2 - 8, 2021 as National Public Service Week
- Notification to Council of Award of Grants
3. Items to be withdrawn
4. Citizen Presentations: Any citizen who desires to address the City Council on a matter not included on the agenda may do so at this time. The City Council may not deliberate on items presented under this agenda item. Presentations are subject to five (5) minutes for items not on the agenda. If you wish to speak to an item on the agenda, you will be allowed to speak when the council addresses the item. There is a (3) minute time limit for items on the agenda. The presiding officer (with the consent of a majority of the City Council) may grant additional time. To comply with the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, the Council respectfully requests that prior to addressing Council, that each person submit a Speaker Request Form stating your name, address, and topic of presentation. The form is located at the entryway to Council Chambers.
5. Consider, and act upon the approval of minutes for the City of Coleman Council Meeting held on April 15, 2021.
6. Hear requests from the City Council for future agenda items.
7. Issuance of the Certificate of Election, Administering State of Elected Officials and Oath of Office to the newly elected Councilmembers; City Secretary will present certificate of unopposed candidates for Mayor, West Ward Place 2, and East Ward Place 3, and will swear in Tommy Sloan as Mayor, Sharlene Taylor Hetzel as West Ward Council member, and Bobby McGee as East Ward Councilmember.
8. Consider and act upon electing a member of the City Council as Mayor Pro Tern pursuant to City of Coleman Charter Section 2.08.
9. Consider and act upon the appointment of Pat Chesser as the City Attorney for the City of Coleman for a term concurrent with the term of Mayor pursuant to City of Coleman Charter Section 2.10.
10. Consider and act upon the appointment of Robert Jeffrey Nash as the Judge of the Municipal Court and Amanda Lishka as the Alternate Judge of the Municipal Court for a term concurrent with the term of Mayor pursuant to City of Coleman Charter Section 6.02.
11. The City Council shall conduct a public hearing on a request for a zoning change from Manufacturing/Industrial District - Heavy (M-2) to Single Family Residential District - Estate (SF-E) for the property described as WATSON ADDN TOWN COLEMAN, BLOCK 1, LOT 14-15, 1.09 ACRES, located at the intersection of McCarty Lane and Hudson Road.
12. Discuss, consider and act upon the recommendation of the Planning and Zoning Commission to amend the official Zoning Map for the property described as WATSON ADDN TOWN COLEMAN, BLOCK 1, LOT 14-15, 1.09 ACRES, located at the intersection of McCarty Lane and Hudson Road from Manufacturing/Industrial District - Heavy (M-2) to Single Family Residential District - Estate (SF-E) as approved by the Planning and Zoning Commission on April 12, 2021.
13. Discuss, consider, and act upon a Resolution of the City of Coleman authorizing the City to enter into an agreement with Texas Department of Transportation for the temporary closure of portions of State Highway 153 and State Highway 206 for the 2021 Rodeo Parade.
14. Discuss, consider, and act upon the recommendation from the Hotel Occupancy Tax (HOT) Revenue Advisory Board to fund a request for HOT funds to Coleman Rodeo Association (Jody Barr) in the amount of $5,000 for the Coleman PRCA Rodeo to take place June 10-12, 2021.
15. Discuss, consider, and act upon the recommendation from the Hotel Occupancy Tax (HOT) Revenue Advisory Board to fund a request for HOT funds to Coleman County Junior Livestock Association in an amount of $3,000 for the Coleman County Western Syndicate to take place on June 4-6, 2021.
16. Discuss, consider, and act upon authorizing the City Manager to execute all necessary contracts with Paragon Roofing, Inc. for installation of new roofing systems for the City of Coleman Airport Hanger through a TIPS contract for labor and materials and authorize the expenditure of $20,400 from the Airport Reserve for the improvements.
17. Discuss, consider, and act upon authorizing the City Manager to execute all necessary contracts with Paragon Roofing, Inc. for the installation of a new roofing system for the City of Coleman Fire Station through a TIPS contract for labor and materials.
18. Discuss, consider, and act upon approving and implementing a National Voter Registration Act (NVRA) Implementation Plan at the Coleman Public Library.
19. Hear presentation regarding the American Rescue Plan - Coronavirus Local Fiscal Recovery Fund; and discuss, consider, and act upon appointing no less than three (3) members to a Rating Committee to review the submissions of RFP(s) & RFQ(s) submitted for Administration and Engineering Services that will be provided for the American Rescue Plan.
20. The City Council may enter Executive Session to discuss the following pursuant to:
- A. Government Code §551.071 (Consultation with Attorney) discussion with City Attorney regarding Contract for Ambulance Service.
- B. Government Code §551.071 (Consultation with Attorney) to receive legal advice from City Attorney regarding Water Purchase Contract with Coleman County Special Utility District.
- C. Government Code §551.074 (Personnel Matters) to discuss personnel changes to include distribution of duties.
21. Upon returning to open session, the City Council may take whatever actions as they may deem appropriate regarding items discussed in Executive Session including:
- A. Discuss, consider, and act upon contract for Ambulance Services.
- B. Discuss, consider, and act upon the Water Purchase Contract with Coleman County Special Utility District.
- C. Discuss, consider, and act upon the first reading of an Ordinance of the City of Coleman adopting an Organizational Chart for the City of Coleman.