The Board of Directors of the Type A Coleman Economic Development Corporation ("CEDC") and the Type B Coleman Community Coalition ("CCC") will meet in joint session on Thursday, April 8, 2021 at 6:00p.m. in the Council Chambers of City Hall, 200 West Liveoak, Coleman, Texas. You may also watch the meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone at: https://www.facebook.com/CityofColemanTX/
- If you must attend the meeting there will be very limited seating in Council Chambers and social distancing requirements and practices will be observed. All items on the agenda are for possible discussion and action. The board may vote and/or act upon each of the items listed on this Agenda. One agenda item will be discussed at a time, in the order determined by the Chair, unless logic and practical considerations allow similar topics to be considered together for purposes of convenience and efficiency. The CEDC and CCC Boards reserve the right to retire into closed, executive session on any of the items listed below should the need arise and if authorized by Title 5, Chapter 551, of the Texas Government Code, including but not limited to: Government Code Sections 551.071-Consultation with Attorney; 551.072-Deliberations about Real Property; 551.074-Personnel Matters; 551.087-Economic Development.
1. Call to Order, Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance
2. Hearing of Visitors -Any citizen who desires to address the Board on a matter not included on the agenda may do so at this time. The Board may not deliberate on items presented under this agenda item. Presentations are subject to three (3) minutes for items not on the agenda. If you wish to speak to an item on the agenda, you will be allowed to speak when the Board addresses the item. There is a (3) minute time limit for items on the agenda. The presiding officer (with the consent of a majority of the Board) may grant additional time. To comply with the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, the Board respectfully requests that prior to addressing the Board, that each person submit a Speaker Request Form stating your name, address, and topic of presentation. The form is located at the entryway to Council Chambers.
3. Approval of Minutes
- A. CEDC and CCC joint board meeting held on March 11, 2021.
4. Financial Report
- A. Review CEDC and CCC Financial reports by Sandra Rose, CPA
5. Open Public Hearing: In accordance with the Texas Local Gov't Code Section 505.159, Public Hearings will be held by the Board of Directors of the Coleman Economic Development Corporation (CEDC), a Type A Economic Development Corporation, and the Coleman Community Coalition (CCC), a Type B Economic Development Corporation, during a meeting to be held on April 81 2021 at 6:00 P.M. at the Coleman City Hall, 200 W. Liveoak, Coleman, Texas, to consider and/or take action upon 2 projects. The Board may conduct a public hearing on 2 projects:
- A. To provide funds up to $30,000.00 from the Type A CEDC and the Type B CCC for the Cactus Coffee Co. at 111 S. Commercial Avenue.
- B. To provide funds up to $7,500.00 from the Type A CEDC and Type B CCC for the City of Coleman to use to help pay for electrical improvements made to the College and Commercial area in the retail district.
- Close Public Hearing:
6. To consider, discuss and/or take action on providing funds up to $30,000.00 from the Type A CEDC and the Type B CCC for the Cactus Coffee Co. at 111 S. Commercial Ave.
7. To consider, discuss and/or take action on providing funds up to $7,500.00 split between the Type A CEDC and Type B CCC for the City of Coleman to use to help pay for electrical improvements made to the College and Commercial area in the retail district.
8. To consider, discuss and/or take action on providing funds from the Type A CEDC and Type B CCC for a new business relocation/expansion to be located at 100 Lackland Street with Brody Tibbetts and Logan Bell in partnership with Allegiant Holster Company.
9. To consider, discuss and/or take action on providing funds from the Type A CEDC and Type B CCC for a new business funding request from Lauren (Stith) Cecil for a project located at 114 S. Commercial Ave.
10. To consider, discuss and/or take action on staff/committee recommendations for project applications.
11. Directors Report-Project Updates