Details for County Deputy Treasurer Position Open
The County of Coleman is now accepting applications for the position of Deputy Treasurer. This position is full time, 40 hours per week. Benefits include competitive pay, health insurance, county retirement, paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave. Applications may be obtained at the Coleman County Treasurer’s Office, 100 W. Liveoak, Suite 203 or online at www.co.coleman.tx.us
Applications must be returned in person. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Position Summary: Under the direction of the County Treasurer, the deputy will proficiently perform accounting and other financial tasks related to the operation of the Treasurer’s office including maintaining ledgers, analyzing account information, reconciling accounts, and preparing financial reports. Perform administrative duties including accounts payable, payroll reports, and budgeting functions. This position requires a high degree of accuracy, organization, and attention to detail. This applicant is exposed to confidential matters and sensitive issues, requiring discretion on part of the deputy. Applicant must be dependable and punctual.
A full job description can be found online on the County Treasurer’s page or obtained when picking up an application... see more info below:
- Assists in the development and administration of the annual budget, monitors expenditures, implements adjustments.
- Generates weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual, and other periodic reports as required or directed by the Treasurer.
- Processes accounts payable by processing invoices and entering in Netdata on a bi-weekly basis or as otherwise needed per County guidelines.
- Assist with balancing all bank and credit card statements.
- Assist in preparation of 941 reports, 1099’s and W2’s.
- Perform general office functions.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting and bookkeeping principles.
- Ability to think analytically and apply sound judgement, solve problems, make effective decisions and act with integrity.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, and the ability to pay attention to detail including the ability to detect errors and make corrections as appropriate.
- Ability to maintain office confidentiality and manage stressful situations.
- Skill in prioritizing and completing work assignments in a timely manner.
- Ability to type accurately and quickly.
- Proficiency in English grammar, spelling, punctuation, and simple mathematical functions.
- Ability to maintain accurate and organized records.
- Working knowledge and ability to use modern office equipment such as computers, telephones, adding machines, and computer software. Proficiency with the use of Microsoft Office tools including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to and willingness to comply with all County and Treasurer policies.
- Must be physically and mentally able to perform the essential duties of their position without excessive absences.
- All County employees are expected to possess and maintain a record of orderly, law-abiding citizenship, sobriety, integrity, and loyalty as it pertains to and reflects upon their employment with the County.
Physical Demands & Working Environment
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Mobility to work in a typical office setting and use standard office equipment; stamina to sit for extended periods of time; strength to lift and carry up to 20 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone.