Details for Field Maintenance Worker
The City of Coleman is seeking a qualified applicant for the position of Field Maintenance Worker. This is a full time, non-exempt position. The position will be responsible for maintaining various municipal properties, including Cemetery, Parks and other properties as necessary. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Mow and trim grass, weeds, shrubs and trees
- Operate Mowers, Weed Eaters, Chainsaws, Tractors, Backhoes, dump trucks, and other equipment as needed
- Install playground equipment and maintain as needed
- Install / Repair water lines in public facilities
- Perform facility maintenance on public buildings and facilities
- Communicate in a professional fashion with the public
- Assist other departments as needed
Must be able to maintain a good relationship with coworkers and the general public. Interaction with others outside the organization requires exercising participative management skills that support team effort and quality processes. A high school diploma or GED is required. Candidate should have a Class "B" CDL driver's license, or be able to obtain one within 12 months.
Applications are available at City Hall or an electronic version HERE. Applications should be returned to Human Resources at 200 W. Liveoak, Coleman, TX 76834 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The City of Coleman is an equal opportunity employer.